What is PPC Advertising?
PPC advertising which is used to advance the visibility of websites in the result pages of Search Engines. Search Engine Marketing [SEM] is a paid search PPC advertising.
SEM plays an important role to reach consumers who research and shop online to buy products or book services. The new consumer performs a search query on a search engine to find websites that deal with products or services they research for. To give consumers what they want, only relevant results to a search query are served by the complex algorithms of Search Engines.
The goal which businesses want to achieve whether through organic or paid search is for consumers to find and contact them and finally become their customers.
The 7steps to Search Engine Marketing:
1- Search Engine Marketing Strategy: Select the target audience and how your promotion can fulfill consumer needs. Research your competitors and identify goals such as ROI, sales & position in the market, website traffic, etc
2- Keyword Research: Research keywords that your target customers would frequently use for search. Opt for negative keywords to weed out unnecessary expenditure.
3- Content Optimization: The content that goes on your website need to be optimized in terms of relevant content aligned to user interest and search, focus long-tail keywords and brand, include keywords in domain/ URL’s/ description/ title tags/ heading tags/ images/ alt tags/ meta tags/ images/ directory and filenames. The meta description appears below the link which can draw visitors to your site.
4- Website Indexing: If your website does not appear in a search engine’s index, visitors will not be able to find it in the search result page.
5- Link Building: Relevant inbound links is a must if you want to gain referral traffic that helps in better ranking and increases the site’s authority thereby driving target visitors to your website.
6- Paid Search Advertising: In any search engine results page, the sponsored ads appear at the top and the side of the page to gain importance over organic search listing results. The displayed Ads match the keyword used in the search query, hence relevant and appear in select locations on the web page that triggers a click on such Ads
7- Measure Advertising Success: will depend on a number of Ad factors:
Impressions– measures how often your ads are shown when visitors were on your page?
Clicks– resulting in engagements with your website
CTR– Click-through rate is the Ad Clicks divided by the Ad Impressions. A higher CTR is a good sign
Click Conversion Rate- is the visitors who engaged with your website, did what you wanted them to do that resulted in a conversion.
Cost– can be measured by CPC-Cost per click – The cost per visitor is known in terms of each user and Cost per Conversion is known in terms of a new user.
Search Engine Marketing mainly focuses on:
- Google Adwords | Bidding & Budget: Google Adwords are classified under Google Search Network and the Google Display Network. The former comprises of search-related websites owned by Google and the latter are properties such as YouTube, Gmail, and Blogger. Bid prices solely depend on the Ad copy, CTR and the relevancy of Ads. To optimize it may be necessary to make bid adjustments by excluding the certain day of week & hour of the day, device and audiences. SEM places Ads targetted to the search conducted by the user’s search engine based in line with the Advertisers budget for the number of Ads to be served. As per the bidding system based on demographics & location, paid Ads to become visible to users. SEM Ads are one of the most successful advertisements as advertisers pay only when users click on the Ad. Learn more by clicking on google-AdWords-basics.
- Keyword Research: Tools like SEM Rush offer intelligence about what keywords your competitor targets.
- Quality Score: An increase in the Quality Score for your website can impact your Search Engine Marketing Networks thereby lowering your average CPC.
|Good Quality Score Rating||Keywords|
|high intent commercial keywords|
|low intent keywords|
- Advertising with Yahoo | Bing | Social Networks: Prices are lower than Google Adwords and you can advertise both on Yahoo and Bing Networks by buying Bing Ads. Social networking eg. Google+, Facebook, LinkedIn serve relevant Ads based on the user information and interactions which are readily available for specific platforms. The social network advertising platform targets the user demographics which gives way to high conversion and sales at a much lower cost of acquisition. The Ads served to such users are known to target social media platforms.
- Search Engine Optimisation: Compared with SEO, Search Engine Marketing is short term, expensive and brings quick results. If not managed efficiently can affect financially for the budget allocated. Click on SEO fundamentals to read more.
- Creating, Optimizing, Tracking Campaigns & Ads: To create a campaign on any network select a)related keywords b) geographic location where ads are to be displayed c) text-based ads for display on search results with CTA, URL link, and headlines. d)bid price for each click. Campaigns need to be optimized for landing pages, keywords, Ad copy, etc With campaign tracking data benchmarking is possible [a feature in google analytics] to improve budgeting and designing future campaigns
The fastest way to drive traffic to your website is through Search Engine Marketing. Advertisers pay for visitors that click on your advertising displayed in websites which in addition automatically improves ranking in organic search results. Prospects search the web for finding commercial information and at this time are more open to receiving messages that are marketing in nature and can lead to conversions.
Paid Advertising can be carried out with the aid of many tools free or paid meant for:
Keyword Research: [Competitive & Traditional, Generation & Grouping] Some eg are- Google Adwords Keyword Tool, Ahrefs Keywords explorer
Adwords: Some eg are- Google Analytics, Google Trends, Adwords Ad Preview Tool
Budget Estimation: Some eg are- Spyfu, SEM Rush
PPC Campaign & Bid Management: Some eg are- Wordstream PPC Advisor, Kenshoo, adAlysis
A/B Testing: Some eg are- crazy eggs, Google Auction Insights
Research and select the most appropriate tools, that are best suited for the purpose.
Digital Marketing Solutions
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.